Friday, July 5, 2024

Name Day Treats

 ONamastica or name day is always fun.It's the Saint a person  is named after and it's celebrated sort of like a mini birthday. Yes, there is religious significance and prayers but there's also favorite foods too.

Since today was mine and my Mom's and my bisnonna  - great grandmother's - St. Elizabeth's Day I went to my favorite store - Lidl and went wild with LidlIt's my favorite  grocery store chock full of new and exciting treats. Since I'm big on anything buttery, I bought these puffs.

These will be good with a creamy soft Brie for a different kind of dinner. I also love their Snack Day. I wanted something light and tasty so I tried their version of Popped Chips

These are very light and puffy - better than potato chips on these hot ,humid days. I like these and plan to have them at future summer parties.

Then there's there layered gelato. This was absolute heaven.



This is pure heaven. the gemalto is almost like whipped cream and contrasts with the layer of rich fudgy syrup and a bottom layer of  crumbled chocolate cookies.I'm not an ice cream girl by any means but this can convince me. I plan on trying their chocolate and cookies along with their strawberry. This was the perfect dessert for my day.
When ever you name day is, celebrate with your favorite treats and recipes. Go to your favorite grocery and pick up foods that give you joy. Enjoy them.



No comments: