Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Wanting Winter In Spring

 It may be late Spring but you can still crave wintry dishes like gnocchi. You just have to make it the simple way possible and that means a box of Lidl's mushroom gnocchi. It's a simple cook but tastes like an elaborately made meal.

I saw this the other day on my weekly LIdl haul. There was also pesto and four cheese but I love anything mushroom. This appealed to me. Gnocchi is a wintry dish , best eaten and made. on a cold, blustery day. 


I knew it was going to be good. It's Lidly after all.It  is so easy  to create which is a plus during the warmer weather. It comes with the sauce packet and a packet of gnocchi that serves four (or two people going for seconds). 
It's also so simple .It just adding a cup and a half (I added two but that made it too soupy) and boiling it .When the water reaches a boil add the two packets and stir. Let it boil for a few minutes longer and then simmer for about ten minutes until the sauce thickens. The gnocchi should be tender by now.
I would definitely buy this again. The gnocchi were so tender and perfect with the sauce.The sauce was  creamy, rich and flavorful with portobello bits. The instructions said you could add cheese and butter but to be honest it's truly delicious without them. I definitely plan to try Lidl's pesto gnocchi yet and get two packages for a more substantial dinner. 

Don't worry if you want a wintry dish like gnocchi during these warm days. Just buy Lidl's gnocchi with sauce.It's satisfies that craving without any work.


No comments: