Saturday, May 30, 2020

Mitsuwa Market - A Fun Shopping Trip

Sometimes you need to get out of your comfort zone. This includes going to a completely different grocery than usual. For me it was Mitsuwa market in Edgewater New Jersey, directly across the river from Manhattan., It was fascinating and fun.

The market is full of interesting foods and produce. The Japanese love cute and there is a lot of Hello Kitty around. I found these cute gummy candies along with elegantly wrapped but still adorable




 Confetti checkerboard cookies. The gummy candies were in the shape of little paws and were orange berry flavors.
I am definitely buying these again. Then there are the Melty Blends chocolate mint squares that just melt in your mouth. They remind me of those much beloved Frango mints.

Of course what I really wanted was a sushi mat. The prospect of making  vegan California rolls has been my Holy Grail and so I needed a sushi mat and the right ingredients.
I bought the mat along with the precooked rice and seaweed. I am so excited to create them, and I'm watching all the sushi how to on You Tube.Mine are going to be carrots, avocado and cucumber for a refreshing, summery mix.
Of course I bought ramen too , Sapporo Ichiban which has a large array of different ready to make noodle dishes.
This is the miso flavor and there's five packages in a pack. I'm also looking forward to having one as a lunch or dinner soon.

Sometimes you have to get out of your comfort zone. Go to the different ethnic markets in your neighborhoods. THey'll make you excited about cooking again.

No comments: