Monday, July 22, 2019

The Most Perfect Egg Cream

One of my favorite drinks - and it really should be considered a sweet treat -is the egg cream. My Dad introduced me to it on on our many trips to local diners.I recently discovered the best add in  - Bubly flavored seltzer. Mix this in for sheer heaven. Another plus is using Hershey's Extra Dark syrup. This is a new addition and it adds a richer flavor.

Many will have questions about what kind of milk to add in. I've used almond milk which does make for a creamy drink. You can use regular milk or even a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream which made up the original ones sold in Brooklyn candy shops.

Here is the recipe.

1 can of either Bubly Cherry , Raspberry or Blackberry flavored seltzer (if you're making a vanilla egg cream, then use Bubly's Lemon or Peach flavors)
1/2 cup milk any kind
one good squirt of Hershey's Extra Dark Syrup (or vanilla syrup if you want to make a vanilla flavored one - go easy with it .Vanilla syrup is intense)

Squirt a good half  inch (more if you want it more chocolate-y) of syrup into a tall glass. Fill glass halfway with any kind of milk. Add Bubly and stir with a fork (yes a fork) to aerate and create foam. drink with a straw or straight to catch all that yummy froth.

This is the improved version of what my Dad and I used to have.💙💙

No comments: