Saturday, May 25, 2019

My Ice Cream Loaf Cake

My first barbecue in a long time is tomorrow and I want to make everything special. I would like to have the Gardein burgers cooked over cherry wood chips, I am making an Asian vibe coleslaw with soy sauce and fresh ginger. Then there's dessert. A homemade ice cream loaf seems like an easy
thing. I bought the silicone loaf plan and the soy ice cream below
As you can see I overdid it. Again.I bought two containers each of strawberry , chocolate and vanilla. In my mind I thought the loaf pan was big.


                      It's not. It was ten inches long and five inches wide (with a three inch  height). This is Elbee's bread loaf pan that I bought  on Amazon . I could use it for bread in the future but for the summer, I will definitely be using it for ice cream loafs.


These are those famed dark chocolate wafers that are crumbled for the cake layers. I only really needed just one box (but the other is good for snacking)


                                  They were crumbled into coarse crumbs, using my ever faithful food processor.
                                         Then to create a kind of batter, I used two tablespoons of melted (in the                                        microwave) I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.Mix well with a spoon.
Then start layering.

I used the Soy Delicious strawberry and vanilla to create a Neopolitan vibe.


This is now ready for the freezer where it will spend the night. It will be unmolded and covered with Hershey's Hard shell and Reddi-Whip 's Coconut whipped cream.

 In the meantime I have chocolate wafers to munch and a menu to contemplate. Now let's hope the cake turns out well. I may have another Easter lamb success on my hands.😄

No comments: