Saturday, April 27, 2019

The Lamb Experiment

Since mid March  up to today I have baked and iced five lambs, using my Mom's Wilton Easter lamb mold, along with her cake and icing recipes.

What have I learned?
That greasing and flouring any cake pan is vital to having an easy to remove baked product. 
Dream Whip is crucial to producing a dense yet surprisingly light pound cake. I plan on making cupcakes with it.


Crumb coats are very important in creating a smooth first coat. You need this in order to create fancy stars squiggles and rosettes.
Vegan cakes don't work. This little lady's head fell off .Also the taste wasn't as great as the Duncan Hines mixes I used.
Variety is truly the spice of life. I made a chocolate cake with coffee icing for my friends who love chocolate. This is the flavor combination I will be flirting with for the next few months.

As for everyone else, it was vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream.I also learned that it takes time to master Russian tips . Mine have come out like pink blobs.Also all lambs require seven cups of icing not five.


Another thing I've learned. Not to bake five lamb cakes and then ice them. It is a lot of work, well received but still labor intensive.

No comments: