Friday, December 22, 2017

Baking Extravaganza Day Two Cookies

Today was the cookie extravaganza. I went the quick route using a mix . To be honest I haven't baked cookies in  a long time so I was a tad rusty. Honestly, there were a lot of mistakes and hair pulling moments.

First of all I microwaved the butter - again the good Irish butter Kerry Gold.Do it for 10 seconds.It lets the butter get soft while still maintaining its' shape.


This is the mix, the Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie one. It requires the butter one egg and a tablespoon o
of cold tap water. It was a hard mix with me adding I Can't Believe It's Not Butter to get
it somewhat malleable.I added mini chocolate chips, the Stop & Shop brand to make it that much special
These are the two sheets I used. One is a mega sheet I just bought at Target.You can't see the details, but the surface is pebbled to create a better heat flow around the dough.The other is my Mom's old cookie sheet that has been through a lot.
Unfortunately I misread the directions and instead of teaspoon sized ball I used the tablespoon size instead. The first batch came out somewhat raw.and chewy.. Subsequent batches were then scaled down to the proper size. They burned It was a headache of a bake, although the cookies came out somewhat O.K.They were baked in a 375 degree Farenheit oven at ten to fifteen minutes a batch.

They look relatively fine, they taste yummy but next time I will make oatmeal cookies from scratch . I don't like the mixes.

So that was my two day , tiring but a learning experience. Next time I will space out the baking. Two days in a row is just too darned much.

No comments: