Saturday, June 11, 2011

Target's New Gourmet Side

Target has always been known for its' delicious snacks and holiday treats. Who could resist the fun Italian sodas at Halloween or the yummy holiday cookies at Christmas time? The chain is amping up its' food department by installing mini groceries within every store. Not only can you buy nachos and creme cookies, you can also stock up on essentials too.

My local Target has scooped out enough space to include fruit and veggies. I've seen this in larger Super Targets and was amazed by the amount of fresh products the store had. Now smaller ones have expanded too(I think every Target now has a fully stocked grocery to rival nearby supermarkets). Not only can I get their yummy potato chips and mocha chip cookies I can also buy the ingredients for a fresh salad and pick up some fruit too. Target also has a line of their own baked goods under the Market Pantry label along with other brands. I bought two pack of mini angel bundt cakes for strawberry shortcake. They wer e light and heavenly, probably the best I've bought for this kind of dessert.

With this expansion comes bigger aisles and definitely more national and in house brands to try. I picked up two boxes of Target's gourmet brand Archer Farms gnocchi with mushroom sauce. These have been imported from Italy and are even better than what I've picked up in local groceries such as the A&P and even Stop and Shop . The gnocchi were tender and the sauce , downright flavorful. They have more of these , mostly pasta,s that I will definitely test out. I also love their oatmeal and had to try their new banana split flavor.

Target isn't just all about the trendy designer clothes and furnishings (well it is, really). Since the chain has expanded their grocery sections, they've become a gourmet heaven. Try some of their amazing gourmet foods. You'll be turning to Target for all your food shopping.

No comments: