Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hot Dogs Your Way

This is the season for those little doggies. Nothing goes better together than hot dogs and warm weather. What's great is you an cook them in variety of simple ways. What's even better is that you can have them anyway you like,with a variety of toppings on different breads. Hot dogs are the most versatile of summer foods.

Like most people prefer a plain hot dog. Unlike most other dog lovers I eat ones made from soy. I do crave the real kind and get them occasionally at my favorite place, The Galloping Hill Grill in Union ,New Jersey.However I have a mostly vegetarian household so real meat is out of the question.The soy pups aren't bad . I just fry them in margarine and serve on a toasted roll or on a slice of just plain white or rye bread.Since I am also German, they're served with sauerkraut although I prefer a gherkin or a spoonful of piccalilly on the side.

You can make hot dogs anyway. Another tasty variation is wrapping them with bacon and then grilling them..The bacon fat adds more flavor and they have a smokier, saltier taste.Also you can load up your dog and buns with chili, hot relish and hot peppers for a spicy treat. Cheddar dogs are also popular. I'd recommend using the sharpest cheddar out there to give them some bite.

Ho dogs are like the little black dress of summer cooking. You can dress them down or up, depending upon your tastes.have them plain on a a simple slice of bread on time. The next add anything you want and serve on a toasted bun. They let you be creative while having fun.

No comments: