Monday, May 3, 2010

Sur LA Table An Online Passion

Lately I;ve been doing a lot of ordering on line. Thanks to yesterday's Sunday's Daily News Food section I came across Sur la Table a neat and extensive online and regular cooking themed store. It was when I saw a pair of colander ladles that I just had to have.

Along with the colander ladles, I also bought an olive oil mister. This will come in perfectly when I need to fry or saute veggies or even reheat. It will give me the perfect amount of olive oil (inbstead of just pouring it in and over soaking the food)There were also tomato savers which I had to have. these are tomato shaped containers that can store half cut tomatoes. They also have garlic, onion and lemon containers which I'm sure I will buy.

What else did I love? Brioche tins! I love this sweet yeasty French mini bread and have always wanted to make them.The problem is that they need the exact molds to give them that fluted bottom and puffy popover like muffin top. This may be a future order as well. There are also other molds and cookie sheets that give me a rush. I also love the Tuscan crockery that would go well in any kitchen. There's also a le Creuset braiser that I've only seen on this site. Now this would be perfect for my cooking style, being big on stews and braising.

I have been doing a lot of online shopping only. I know the sites and yes I like them. yet I haven 't been excited by them like I have by Sur la table. This is a foodie's perfect site. I think I will wind up their biggest customer, and probably a loyal one at that too.

No comments: