Saturday, April 24, 2010

When In Doubt - Microwave!

Lately I havne;t had any real time to cook. As much as I would like to make scratch meals involving fresh veggies and meats, I just can't. That's when I resort to microwave dinners. Yes some of them have more salt than the Dead Sea or as much nutrients as a Twinkie but they are fast. Not to mention tasty too. Stouffer's or Marie Callendar's provides me with that hint of home cooking without all the fuss.

Tonight I seriously thought about making home made baked mac and cheese. This would be ideal if I didn't have to shop, launder cook and a variety of other little things that eat up my time. I'll just opt for something that can be popped into the microwave, nuked and will provide a satisfying dinner.Maybe if I feel like it I'll add a green salad with a homemade thyme dressing.

Yes, thank heavens for microwave dinners. I can toast up paninis in seconds, heat up pot pies in minutes and create a full blown meal within half an hour. Don't be ashamed if you have to resort to microwave dinners. They;'re a blessing to anyone with a busy schedule.

No comments: