Monday, January 25, 2010

Sweet Monkee Cookies A New Sweet Treat

I’ve just discovered a great new non bake cookie. it’s from Sweet Monkee and it’s combo of all those good things - oatmeal flax seed, dried cranberries and oatmeal. These are hearty little scoops that have to be eaten in two sittings. They’re a new spin on an old recipe

Sweet Monkee was created by Tina Tomkins Ames for her café in 2007 in upstate Clarence New York. Using a family recipe she created a delicious and highly addictive treat for her café. One thing led to another and now she sells via the internet as well as through Vegan Essentials. I bought my first batch, the Chunk Monkee flavor through them. This is a combo of peanut butter, oatmeal, dried cranberries and flax seed. The box was gone within a day and I wanted to try the Coco Monkee. Unfortunately the online store was out of them so I went to the source itself and ordered two box of the chocolate variety. To my delight I found out there were other flavors including Luv Monkees ( ones with a Hershey’s Kiss in the center) and Cosmic Monkees - ones covered in multicolored sprinkles. There are also Cinna Monkees and PB& J ones too. There’s even a Monkee of the Month Club. You can also contact them for any fund raising as well.

I love these cookies and they’ve instantly become my new favorite. They remind me of the awful sounding but yummy cow patty cookies . I’m looking forward to the chocolate ones and I plan on sending away for the Luv Monkees too. The texture is creamy and chewy all at once and I love the tangy bite of the cranberries. They’re not that high in calories and fat. They are also gluten and wheat free and have no milk or eggs in the recipe. The Monkees are also the only cookie with green tea added to them,. They’re also the perfect dessert for those with allergies.

Treat yourself to Sweet Monkee cookies. These are highly addictive sweets that are just a joy to taste. Talk about Monkee love!
Go to www.sweetmonkees.com to order these bites from heaven. The site also caters to fundraisers too.

No comments: