Saturday, November 30, 2019

My Vegan Pumpkin Mousse

It may have been  Black Friday but for me it was still Thanksgiving weekend, a perfect time to make the much anticipated vegan pumpkin mousse. How would it turn out? Would it be as delicious as promised? Most of all would it hold its'  shape?

Again I got the recipe from the Feasting On Fruit blog. This is what I started with :
The recipe called for two cups of  Soy Delicious coconut milk, yogurt, however I doubted its' consistency so I made it semi-vegan with the addition of Siggis Icelandic yogurt which is more like a creme fraiche.
This is the pureed pumpkin I use . Everything was doubled because I wanted to make this for three to four people. I used one and a half  cans of the pumpkin puree.
It was mixed with the coconut yogurt first along with this.
Two tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice and 3/4 of a cup of maple syrup. There was also 3 teaspoons of vanilla added for flavor.
This is what it looked like combined.
It just looked too runny. Time for Siggis which also lightened the color as well as giving it some body.
 Siggis Icelandic yogurt is very much like creme fraiche , however it left the mousse with a decidedly tangy sourness. Time for more pumpkin spice and maple syrup. I added a dash more spice and a small glug of syrup.
This is the finished product. It looks more like a pumpkin pudding and with a few more drops of maple syrup and another sprinkle of pumpkin spice, it was tasty,



As for the extra pumpkin  above  i'm freezing it and i'll go into our family's Piedmontese pumpkin soup.
This is the final product.
It is delicious and a nice alternative to pumpkin pie. I just added a frill of whipped cream and a dusting of more pumpkin spice. 

This pudding like mousse would make an interesting dessert for the holidays or for any time of  the year. I may try it in tart shells for mini pumpkin pies. It's an easy make and a tasty one too.

No comments: