Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A Quick Fall Remodel

Autumn is the time for any  kind of remodeling. Lord knows my kitchen needed it, with a thirty plus year old microwave table and an old broken dishwasher used as a pantry. It was definitely time for a quick upgrade.

 Thank heavens for Lowe's I was able to buy two cabinets that could be used for either a kitchen or laundry room. Each cost $160 each - not bad.
They were more or  less easy to assemble, with the biggest head ache being the handles.They fit perfectly in my postage stamp sized kitchen and hold most of my junk.
You can see it's roomy and one can hold a lot.
The other side is sheer mess but that will be straightened up. Honest.

What I love is that it can be customized. Right away I had to add matching hooks (that I bought at Target) for my many pot holders.
They are kind of like twins to the door and drawer handles.
Then there is the hook is on the side., again bought at Target.
My extension cord is multipurpose, being used for the microwave and toaster oven.

Sometimes all it takes is just a small addition to make a kitchen bright again. My new cabinets did just that. It's an easy fix - and one that will last a long time.

No comments: