Wednesday, August 28, 2019

My Mochi An New Take On Ice Cream

Can pastry and ice cream exist together? Yes, if it's My Mo Mochi ice cream. It's an interesting take on an Asian treat, combining a world favorite with an old concept.
The idea starts with enrobing blobs of ice cream around the Japanese rice dough mochi  .It's a gooey, chewy dough.The company My Mo takes this recipe and expands on this.They have a variety of different flavors from the appropriate green tea to the trendy dulce de Leche. 
Of course I had to try it.
It was different.The dulce de leche was creamy and  flavorful.I liked the surprise of caramel in the middle.What was a bit off putting was the mochi.The texture, with the ice cream was a bit gooey and even saggy in texture.Maybe I should have tried the chocolate instead..Maybe if My Mochi had put the mochi  in the middle, it would have tasted better.Again, it's an acquired taste.

If you're into mochi hybrids, then try this.It's different and flavorful.Try My mochi today for a marriage of two classics.

No comments: