Saturday, January 5, 2019

Cabbage Steak Night

Cabbage steaks are a trend too big to ignore.They are everywhere, from Martina McBride"s new cookbook to Pinterest.Of course I had to give them a try.

It starts with a large cabbage head.
Too large.
It was then sliced into  1/4 inch slices.
Placed on my largest cookie sheet.They are then brushed on both sides with olive oil, and seasoned with a good sprinkling of sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
It was a large cabbage so I had overage.
This too was oiled, seasoned and roasted.Here are the results.
The crispy parts were delicious but on the whole the steaks were kind of bland.
Sooooooo
I turned it into a deconstructed pescoi - Piedmontese pickled cabbage sans polenta.

The leftovers, crispy bits and all are marinating in a garlic infused apple cider vinegar marinade.
Will I make cabbage steaks again?The recipe does have to be tweaked, so maybe.

No comments: