Friday, December 21, 2018

Premade Or Homemade

It's the dilemma of the holiday season :premade or homemade. What do you bake for family and friends?Or for yourself. That is the question.

For me this year the answer was a no brainer.Actually two answers:Pillsbury

and 
Nestle's.
Last year I went crazy baking up to 200 cookies 😲
24 iced cupcakes😲
and a marble cake with homemade fudge frosting😲

Talk about gilding the lily.It was a lot of work even though I used mixes for all three.This year I thought I'd just go to B& W Bakery in Hackensack or head to Stop& Shop and buy mini holiday cupcakes. I saw the first at the Lodi Shop Rite , as I was searching for the Gardein holiday loaf and couldn't resist. It looked too cute   and the end result would be yummy sugar cookies straight from my oven. Then I saw the Nestle's chocolate lover's giant cookies at my hangout , Stop and Shop. I
couldn't resist. and besides they're supposed to be the size of wagon wheels. Again irresistible. 
What I needed was easiness this year.Just preheat the oven, separate the cookies and then pop into a hot oven. Simple.
Besides I have to save my energy for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day cooking!😱

No comments: