Monday, November 5, 2018

Pereg Spices Up Your Holiday Recipes

Nothing zings up holiday cooking like spices.Pereg Gourmet Natural Foods knows this and has come out with three interesting spicesjust in tome for holiday cooking and baking.
I'm excited about them, especially my favorite za'atar. There is also paprika  - which will be used in tomorrow's  vegan soy chicken paprikash and poppy seeds - they will be baked into either a loaf or rolls.I definitely plan on using all three during this upcoming holiday season.
Right now I had to have the za'atar with hot crisped naan. To me this is the perfect light supper.I also found out that za'atr is also good with meats .Use it to liven up a turkey salad with Thanksgiving leftovers or add more flavor to a salad Nicoise.
This is what the mix of coriander,oregano,parsley, sesame seeds, olive oil and salt. Ground chickpea and citric acid are added for more body and preservation.
I mixed it with a good glug of olive oil.
At the same time I brushed naan with olive oil and toasted it at 350 F in my toaster oven. Ten minutes later it came out crispy.
I cut it in corners and drizzled the za'atar over it.
It was also good drizzled on ham.Pereg's version had more body which made for a richer texture. I may just try it in scrambled eggs or baked mac for a different vibe.

Holiday cooking needs zing. Pereg's new trio of spices will liven up any holiday recipe. Use them for  a new kind of excitement.

No comments: