Friday, December 29, 2017

The Second Big Baking Extravganza

Today was the start of the second holiday extravaganza. Since the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies were such a success I decided to try y hand with the Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix. I made a double batch because the oatmeal chocolate chip ones basically went overnight (thanks to friends - not me.)

This is the mix
These are the eggs.



You can see the two eggs peeking out from behind. Two sticks of butter were also needed. Again I used the best - Kerry Gold and microwaved them for only five seconds this time as opposed to ten. The reason, so they wouldn't get all melty and runny when I would take them out of the microwave.Bad idea. It took Herculean strength to mix the two sticks with the two eggs and two packages of mix. I seriously thought of putting the whole thing into the microwave to melt the butter but that would also cook the eggs. I just had to add extra muscle.
Truth be told it was the hardest dough to work with, by far. I had leftover Christmas sprinkles so they also went into tthe batter for some color and fun

Since I like the bigger cookies, I used tablespoon sized balls.
I also had help, from my girl, Sunny..
Here is the finished product. 100, yes 100 Christmas funfetti sugar cookies. that took just two cookies trays(used repeatedly and three hours.
Would I do this again? Only with help from friends and family.
Tomorrow it's tackling  marble cake with choclate buttercream icing . Stay tuned.

No comments: