Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Yup, It's Virus Season Again

This is going to be a short entry. It's January and that means virus season. Since I am a magnet for all things bacterial,I have fallen to the newest strain . It's been a RA diet, rice  and applesauce .A sleepless night was spent Googling all the foods I should be eating and drinking. at 2 AM I was quickly guzzling down hot peppermint tea and then finally got to bed.

This is a foodie nightmare.There are ao many things I would love to eat right now but can't . The thirst that comes with dehydration is awful  - luckily there is the tea and Pepsi(I shouldn;t have it, i know - extreme sugar and caffeine are off limits but a cold glass of it is refreshing and good on my stomach).

Ginger also helps, and thank heavens I have a few ginger chews to calm my innards., The spice  also aids in digestion so it;s highly recommended for  any stomach flu or virus.. Also take fresh  ginger root , slice and then steep in boiling hot water. Fresh ginger tea is excellent in soothing an irritated stomach wall. Also ginger ale, and preferably the much stronger brewed ginger beer is another must have.

Anyway, it's back to the tenth cup of mint tea. wish me well. This only the beginning of the trip through  scary stomach flu land

No comments: