Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Food List 2013

Everybody should take some culinary leaps  every now and then, That's going to be my resolution in the New Year.There's so much to sample and taste . Being a food writer, I feel that I should be broadening my horizons which I haven't been doing. There is a wide, wild world out there to taste and try .

Since writing about whelks a few weeks ago, I have been hankering to taste these briny sea snails. I would probably try  then in garlic butter, similar to escargot. Rediscovering scallops is another must eat. I love their chewy texture but also their silken taste. Why I haven't gone back to them is a good question. Another seafood treat (and I sense a theme here) is lobster ravioli from Savioli Ravioli in my neighboring town along with their  crab and shrimp ones. I'm also dying to try a whole wheat pizza  which is much better healthwise.

As for cuisines, Malaysia has always fascinated me and this is the year to try it. I like the fact that it's Asian but not the usual fare I go for. Another cuisine that I don;t have or cook enough of is Indian. It's one of the healthiest, especially with its' abundance of turmeric and lentils. Also there's nothing like a fresh made curry that's both delicious and warming on a winter's night. French cooking is one cuisine  that I'd like to try, especially with the wonderful sauces and delicate prepping techniques.

The New Year is full of food and promise. I plan on taking advantage of both as a cook and foodie. It's a new world  a pantry just waiting to be opened and  tasted

No comments: