Friday, March 25, 2011

Ice Cream Wars

Ice cream is always a big part of everyone life. the problem is what to choose? The US has so many different brands that it's hard to find a favorite. Do we go with a childhood classic? Or try the newest thing on the market?

Edy's is starting to become one of my favorites again. I've recently discovered their slow churned variety which has less fat and less calories. What I like is their individual cups filled with all sorts of yummy flavors. There's the chocolate chip and mint chocolate chip loaded with tons of chocolate bits. Their coffee is pretty good too. I'm also a big fan of their slow churned milkshakes. Therese are regular cups filled ice cream with a hole in the middle. Just add milk, stir and you have a pretty good treat. For regular ice cream I have to say though that Stop & Shop's house brand is good - creamy with flavors that are intense and pure.

What other frozen treats are catching my taste buds these days? There;s the the classic Klondike bar amped up by adding different coatings and fillings.Their Rocky Road is a yummy blend of a creamy marshmallow center with a crispy, chocolate coating. I look forward to trying their Chocolate Mint and going back to their Heath bars. Of course there are the old time chocolate coated ice cream bars by Good Humor. I look forward to having their Eclair and Almond bars again.

It's always hard to pick your favorite ice cream treat. There are so many brands that have a dozen different types. It's hard to choose favorite, no matter how tasty each treat is.

No comments: