Friday, March 4, 2011

Gadget Crazy(And A Contest Too)

Are you addicted to anything that's going to make your cooking process simpler? Do you get more excited than a foodie in a gourmet shop at those infomercials? Do you have your credit card out , waiting to buy? Then you may be addicted to gadgets.Yes, those interesting items that supposedly whip, blend chop, fry, dice, whatever - that makes our prep time easier and much more fun,

Don't be ashamed. I'm the biggest gadget buyer out there. I recently had to buy a rotostirrer (actually I bought two for the price of one) I couldn't resist the commercial or the price ($19.99 without shipping.This little gadget which looks like a cross between an alien space craft and a whisk promised me a hands free stirring . That sounded intriguing and I knew I had to get it. After all it would be perfect for when I make gravy. it would stir for me while I did other things in the kitchen. I have to admit it works I've tried it for stirring thick soups and it did okay. I do have to watch that it doesn't scrape the enamel and that i always have fresh batteries in it)

The roto stirrer is the latest line for my gadgets. One of my favorites though is the Vidalia Chop Wizard which is used for chopping what else Vidalia onions. I've used it for the onion when I've made guacamole however fresh onion can be too strong for me. I've used the chopper more for hard boiled eggs for making egg salad. I have to admit it's the perfect machine for that. I get evenly cut hard boiled eggs all the time. It doesn't mash them which produces a chewier, more textured egg salad.

Gadgets are one of my favorite addictions. There are so many out there that I'd love to buy and probably will. I have to admit they do make kitchen work fun.

Here's a question for all you foodies: what's your favorite gadget. Write in to Foodie Pantry and you may win a prize!

No comments: