Monday, September 6, 2010

A Good Labor Day

It's Labor Day here in the States, a day off to remember all our work force who keep both the national and international economies afloat.

I'd like to thanks some of the workers that I rely on. They're the cashiers and managers, along with the butchers and bakers in my local supermarkets. They're the farmers who grow my veggies and fruits as well as the pickers who pick the harvests. These people all work hard to make sure that I have good ingredients for my meals.

I also want to thank the service people, the waiters and cooks in my favorite restaurants. These people work very hard and get paid very little. They create my favorite dishes from shrimp toast to old fashioned pizza, from my fave chicken tacos to my beloved hot dogs and Hawaiian shaved ice.

Take this day and thank the people who make your eating the best. It's only fair.

No comments: