Tuesday, June 8, 2010

In Praise Of Fast Food

Say what you will about fast food joints but they do come in handy. Yeah, they're make fatty and salty food yeah they;re nutritional deserts but they a great if you need a quick meal. There's nothing wrong with going to one every no and then.

My life is nothing but housework these days. There's cleaning dusting ironing sorting an various other duties associated with cat rearing. Throw in teaching class (really just talking to the one or two loyal students who actually do show up) and ther's even less time at the stove. That's when I can rely on my local KFC , Taco Bell or Wendy's for a tasty and filling meal.I may get red meat or fries but it;s still constitutes a hot dinner. That's fine by me. There's also little clean up and that means less time at the sink an more time - fun - cleaning.

For those who pooh pooh the whole fast food concept, think again. Do you actually have time during a busy day to clean veggies, thaw out a roast and then cook the whole thing? I thought not. Then think again about your local drive throuh window. It really is a lifesaver!

No comments: