Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Progresso's Hearty Soups

I think I've embraced Sandra Lee's philosophy of using prepared foods to create yummy but quick meals. I've recently discovered Progresso's Hearty Soups. These are comprised of thick broths filled with chunks of chicken , pot roast and steak. Paired with a salad they make a good dinner during those busy week nights.

Tonight I heated up the pot roast one. This was pretty thick and smelled exactly like the pot roasts my Mom used to make. It was a good soup with large slices of potatoes and carrots. The meat was in little chunks and nuggets. The soup itself was big on taste. I paired it with last night's Caesar salad and Target's Archer Farms cheese straws. It was a filling and satisfying dinner. I'm looking forward to trying the steak and noodles one. I may pair it with a tomato or a green bean salad and Parker House rolls.
Even though we're heading into summer there will still be busy days ahead. Finish off the day with a Progresso Hearty soup. You'll have a good dinner without a lot of fuss and bother.

No comments: