Monday, May 10, 2010

Mister Right

I love my news olive oil mister that I bought through that great site Sur La Table. It is just a neat gadget and I wish I had bought it sooner.There's a lot you can do with it from coating a saute or fry pan to spritzing salads.

It does take some figuring out. I didn't realize the oddly shaped cover was responsible for the nozzle to spray . t has to be pumped up and down so that the sprayer could work. The first time I over filled it by about three tablespoons which was wrong and messy. However once I got the hang of it I found that it's he most fun gadget ever. My new favorite snack is oil misted grape tomatoes. Just wash them, leave them in their container and give them a good misting. Add fresh ground sea salt, shake the container and serve. These are just a yummy go to if you're hungry or a great side with any kind of sandwich.

I'm looking forward to cooking with my mister. I bet it'll be perfect for quick frying or even sauteing spinach. I also plan on using it when I reheat pizza and spinach rolls too. Talk about mister right!

No comments: