Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Economy of Time

I've been cooking a lot lately. Unfortunately it's simple stuff with a few steps as opposed to more elaborate fare. I would like to create fancy dinners followed by elaborate desserts however I literally have zero time to do this. I wish I could make different and gourmet dishes but let's face it there is no time to do so.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem. There has to be foodies out there who work a full day and then go home to a crateload of chores. Where is there time to prepare? To core and peel? To puree and mash?. It basically boils down to fast food, deli food and anything pan fried. I only have half an hour to cook and serve. That's it. The rest of the day is devoted to housework and laundry. Once in a while there is the escape of shopping . I can't even devote my evenings to cooking because my work never ends. Luckily the grocery stores have excellent fresh baked products so that takes care of the sweets department.

I wish I had more time to create good , healthy scratch meals. They do taste better and are much more healthier than any of the prepared stuff.Unfortunately they are time intensive and that I don't have the time for.

No comments: