Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dinner With A Movie

For the first time in two years I went to see a movie yesterday. I usually wait until a film goes to DVD but the movie was "Shrek, Ever After" and I had to see a corpulent but still cute Puss in Boots. I went around dinner , all the time wondering what t eat. After all theaters aren't exactly known for their meals. Yet I was pleasantly surprised.

The AMC snack bar has a variety to choose from. I settled on a just a hot dog and soda. It was expensive but good.The hot dog rivaled that of Trget's for juiciness and flavor plus it was the width of an industrial pipe. The soda lasted me for two and a half hours thanks to it coming in an almost industrial vat sized cup. Iwould have liked to have tried the pretzel bits in cheese or th epizza butagain these are really for two people. ANy AMC snackbar fare is huge and can be shared. The popcorn alone comes in a small pillow sized sack.

The candy also caught my eye however I didn't buy a mammoth box of anything. There would probably be enough Sno Caps and Jujubes to last me a month. Maybe the next time I go (although I have no idea when that will be)

There's nothing like dinner with a movie. There's enough to choose from and I can see the AMC chain adding more stuff like egg rolls and tacos to their menu. It's kind of like being at home , eating dinner while watching a Blockbuster rental, Well,except the screen is bigger.

No comments: