Thursday, April 22, 2010

Veggie Snacks For Dinner

If you're having trouble with picky eaters and vegetables thenCheck Spelling it's time to turn that healthy harvest into fun snacks. That's what I did tonight with my dinner. It's hard dealing with picky eaters and making them eat what's good for them. That's when I bought a ton of mixed veggies from my local A&P's salad bar and made a heart healthy vinaigrette. It's like a no brainer. Everyone loves finger foods especially at dinner when they're usually forbidden.Have a plate with sliced red and green peppers, broccoli and cauliflower florettes along with grape tomatoes. I just made a simple Italian dressing with a good dose of flavorful rosemary.

Veggie snacks are also good on picnics. I plan on bringing dishes of them with me on days trips to the beach this summer. I may make my own dressings as well. Let's face it , pepper strips and tomatoes are healthier and less dehydrating than fries and chips.They're also easy to pack as well.

Picky eaters? no problem. Serve them fresh veggies with a dipping sauce. They're fun and nutritious!!!

No comments: