Friday, August 14, 2009

Hitting The Jackpot In Brigantine Laragosta Ristorante

Well the Atlantic City proved to be interesting, foodies. My Mom and I stopped by the Flying Cloud again and had really good food (sadly though the extreme heat made me sick and I couldn't enjoy it)The next day we were devoured by sand flies on Brigantine Beach. Cranky, hot, and chewed up, we drove around Brigantine Island looking for a decent restaurant. Low and behold we found a very very good Italian one. It was on a par with my beloved Marinella's in New York.


The name of the restaurant is Laragosta and it was started in 1984 when its' owner came from Calabrian in Southern Italy. They actually had a branch up by me in nearby Ridgewood NJ but closed. Too bad I would have loved to have tried it.The menu is rich and varied with all sorts, of pasta , chicken and fish dinners. After starting off with some garlic knots which were free we then settled on a simple lemon chicken in bread crumbs with a side of salad. It was refreshing and light. The meat was tender beneath a crunchy breading while the romaine lettuce proved to be the perfect base to a light lemon infused salad.I would hav e liked to have gone back for another meal but maybe on a second visit int he fall.

Another discovery was at Harrah's where my Mom and I stayed. it was at Temptations a cappuccino/ chocolate bar where we had the best hot cocoa in the world. It was Jacques Torres and it was exactly like what we had in Paris. Dense, rich without being too sweet. this was the perfect relaxer after a day of pure activity.

Despiter the getting sick and th esanflies we did have a great culinary time in Atlantic City. It was like hitting hte jackpotfood wise! Thnaks to Jacques Torres and the great Laragosta Restaurant.

Laragosta Restuarant is located at 3400 Atlantic Brigantine Boulevard,at the first traffic circle that leads to the northern part of the island.

No comments: