Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hot Weather Hydration A Foodie Must Have

The hot, sticky weather is finally here. With it comes the need to hydrate our bodies with liquids. Let's face it Coke won't do it. It'll only make you thirstier? Forget about those calorie laden iced lattes. The best bet is H2O - yup a glass or bottle of iced water will always keep you quenched and hydrated.

Years ago just plain old tap water and ice did the trick. Now there are so many waters to choose from.There's the caffeine soaked Fyxx which gives you a kick plus hydration. Vitamin water which quenches thirst and supplies your body with much needed vitamins and a host of other waters. What to choose from? Again that's your choice. I think the best bet is try one that works with your lifestyle and your tastes (as well as your pocketbook or wallet). If an inhouse brand is on sale go for it. I've tried both Target's and A&P's bottled waters and they''re really the same as Poland Spring and Evian.

What about flavored waters?. Some are OK. To be truthful I've only tried the A&P's. it has no calories and tastes like watered down fruit ade. Not bad if you're having it with a meal , I guess . If I'm on the beach or out on my walks , then I just want a clean, crisp taste. For flavors i can always stir int hose strawlike packets of flavoring won't to the water bottles. I'm not going to go crazy over flavors. All I want is something that will keep me healthy and hydrated when the temps hit the high marks.

Now is the time to pick your water and get used to drinking a bottle or two a day. It will
keep you not only cool but also refreshed during these icky, sticky hot days. Have a cool icy glass or bottle now.

No comments: