Saturday, June 27, 2009

Welcome Back Taco Bell

In the last few years Taco bell has received a bad wrap. There was news of first rats wrecking havoc in its' Greenwich Village locale . A few weeks later it made the news again when just a few miles westward, its' Plainfield, NJ location was mixing contaminated scallions into the burritos and tacos.Every foodie, including myself,was afraid to step into their local Bell. It was eat at your own risk.



That's all changed. I recently rediscovered my local one and found it just as good as when I left it. To be honest I really did miss the chicken and steak burritos. The nachos and cheese are the same (much to my delight and my cat'S who's a big cheese lover too. She likes the leftover cheese from the small cup that goes with the chips). Taco Bell has added a fresca or fresh menu where everything is lower in calories. The food is healthy and also cheap. A full lunch for three people yesterday only cost me seven bucks. Not bad when you consider Green Leaf's or even Wendy's would cost double that.



I also like the way Taco Bell branches out. They add an icy treat called Fruitista in pina colada and strawberry mango flavors. I've tried both and love them more than Rita's ices (sorry Rita's). They're like frozen Slushies with a fresh fruit taste and just refreshing after a hot day. They're also good with a meal. Another good idea is that the Bell is relying more on grilling which imparts a better taste to the chicken and steak.




Drop your fears about Taco Bell. Go back to this worthy fast food giant and rediscover their great food. You'll be happy to chow down on old favorites. You'll also be happy to try their new foods and drinks. Most of all you'll just be happy to be back.

No comments: